The Office of Commonwealth Libraries is pleased to announce that institutions of higher education may now have IP authenticated access to all of the e-resources provided in POWER Library. Previously, these institutions were only eligible for IP authenticated access to the two e-resources for which the content was owned by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries. As of February 2019, Institutions of higher education that participate in the Access Pennsylvania ILL service may pay the POWER Library annual technology support fee of $295 for IP authenticated access to 22 additional e-resources. Current and new participants are welcome. Please see the Submit the POWER Library Application information below.
The e-resources in POWER Library include titles such as:
- Academic OneFile – Provides millions of articles from over 17,000 scholarly journals and other authoritative sources.
- Business Insights: Essentials – Provides in-depth information on U.S. businesses, industries, and products.
- Contemporary Authors – Provides biographical and bibliographical information on more than 160,000 authors.
- GREENR – An interdisciplinary resource supporting sustainability and environmental studies.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center – Provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
- Informe Académico – Provides Spanish-speaking users with a wide range of full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America.
- LitFinder – Provide access to a wealth of literary works and secondary-source materials covering world literature and authors throughout history. Including more than 132,000 full-text poems and 670,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays.
For the full list of e-resources available, please see:
Submit the POWER Library Application
Current POWER Library participants interested in this opportunity should complete the E-Resources portion of the Application for POWER Library Services and new participants should complete both the Statewide Online Catalog and Interlibrary Loan Services and E-Resource portions of the application. The application is available in the POWER Library – For Librarians at:
Use the POWER Library Digital Repository for your Digital Collections at No Additional Cost
An additional benefit of paying the annual technology support fee is that institutions may also use the PA Photos and Documents digital repository service at no additional cost. For more information about PA Photos and Documents, please see:
Training is Provided for Participants
In-person training is provided in several locations each spring and more widely throughout Pennsylvania each fall. These multi-track training events provide participants with introductory and advanced training on the services provided in POWER Library.